Lead in Drinking Water Fact Sheet
May 2, 2023 Election
Notice of Election Cancellation and Certified Statement of Results
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Crestview Water & Sanitation District, Adams County, Colorado, that at the close of business on the sixty-third day before the election, there were not more candidates for director than offices to be filled, including candidates filing affidavits of intent to be write-in candidates; therefore, the election to be held on May 2, 2023 is hereby canceled pursuant to section 1-13.5-513(6) C.R.S.
The following candidates are hereby declared elected by acclamation:
Danny Sweeney for a 4-year term until May, 2027
Katherine A. Laurienti for a 4-year term until May, 2027
Notice posted by Mitchell T. Terry, Designated Election Official, March 1, 2023
Berkley Shores 13D Fire Suppression backflow prevention device information
- Adams County Fire & Rescue requires all new multi-family buildings/homes be protected with NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) 13D fire suppression systems.
- Both Crestview Water and Denver Water approved the submitted plans prior to construction for the Berkley Shores development which included two approved 13D options. The Crestview Water/Denver Water approved 13D options do not require backflow protection devices.
- The developer contracted with AAA Fire Protection to design the 13D fire suppression system for your home.
- The design from AAA Fire Protection met NFPA 13D standards however, their design did not meet the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) or Crestview Water/Denver Water standards.
- The CDPHE does not require backflow devices if the 13D system follows Denver Water design standards however, if the standard is not followed, a double check valve backflow prevention device must be installed at the tie-in for the 13D fire suppression system.
- It is in your best interests to allow the developer’s plumber to install the double check valve backflow prevention assembly in your home. If the home doesn’t have the required double check valve assembly, it won’t meet CDPHE backflow protection requirements and the water service will be required to be terminated until one is installed and tested.
- Please note that once the device is installed, it must be tested and have the test results provided to Denver Water at [email protected]
- Your double check valve assembly must be tested every year thereafter with the results being provided to Denver Water.
2024 Budget Public Hearing
The Crestview Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors is conducting a Public Hearing to present the Proposed 2024 Budget on October 25, 2023 at 5:30 at the District office, 7145 Mariposa Street.
2024 Water & Sewer Rates Discussion
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors will be holding a discussion regarding proposed water and/or sewer rate increases for 2024 during the December 13, 2023 meeting of the Board to be held at Crestview’s administration building located at 7145 Mariposa Street at 5:30 PM.
Skyline Vista 2024-25 sewer rates will be discussed and set during the March 13, 2024 meeting of the Board of Directors.