Crestview Water and Sanitation District was organized and established in 1949 as Baker Metropolitan Water and Sanitation District to provide water and sanitary sewer service for the residents of the District. Since organization, additional property has been included into the District including the area of the Perl Mack Neighborhood Group (Area) in the late 1950s. The name was changed to Crestview Water and Sanitation District in 1972 to better reflect the area of service which now encompasses approximately four square miles.
As the area developed, water and sewer mains were added to meet demands for both domestic use and fire protection. Water was provided to the area by the District from two deep wells, one at 72nd Avenue east of Pecos Street and one at Clark Court and Kidder Drive. During high demand periods the well water was supplemented by water from the District’s water treatment plant. Wastewater was treated at the District’s treatment plant at 64th Avenue and Pecos Street. The District closed its sewer treatment plant in 1978 and now is a member of the Metro Wastewater Reclamation District and has the wastewater treated at the central plant. In 1988 the wells and water treatment plant were closed and Crestview began receiving all of its treated water from the Denver Water system.
In 1992, Crestview established a reserve and replacement fund to pay for replacement of deteriorating water and sewer infrastructure in a timely manner. The District has developed a long term funding schedule that is updated annually for the replacement work. Each year the District determines the most seriously deteriorated areas and has a water system and a wastewater system replacement or rehabilitation project designed. The projects are bid and awarded by the District to contractors for construction.